Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Want to see what 2ish months of couponing has done for us? My inside kitchen pantry is where I keep all my organized food items. Like when I open a box of cereal it goes in the Tupperware. When I opened a can of breadcrumbs it goes in the Tupperware.


My stock pile pantry. It's in my, half of the garage turned laundry room/sewing, room. We got the cabinets on craigslist.com when we built the room. 

My fridge and freezer.



My ziplock stock pile.

My laundry soap, dish soap and dishwasher detergent stock pile.

My linen closet and under the sink stock pile.

I also have two chest freezers in my laundry room. One is filled to the top with pasta(didn't want bugs to get into it) quick fix meals and chicken, beef and pork. The other is partially filled with bread. 

I do have some help though. We get WIC, so that helps some with milk, juice, cereal, peanut butter and frozen veggies. I have been only using my checks when one of the items on the check is BOGO at Publix. Like yesterday I got BOGO cereal and juice with my WIC. So that is really helpful. I do still have to buy all of those things as well because the WIC is just a help, it doesn't fully supplement. 

I also have a stock pile of DIAPERS! 
I do use cloth diapers about 70% of the time. But I use disposable at night and when we are out. Also some of her clothes won't fit over cloth. So we use disposables for that reason sometimes as well. 

I have about a month of toilet paper stocked up as well. I would have another couple months stocked up, but someone had to get coffee last week on the way to church and the line was SO long that by the time we got the coffee it was too late to make another stop. And that was the last day that my coupons were good and that the sale was on. It was going to be good too. $4.23 per 12 pack of Scott Double Roll. 

You might notice that I don't have any cleaners or paper products stocked up. The reason is simple, I don't use them. The only paper product we use is toilet paper. We use cloth napkins and cloth "paper" towels. I've been doing this since Chad was laid off in 2007. I also don't use any cleaners, except bleach for my laundry and shower. I do all my cleaning with vinegar and baking soda. All very cheap and non-toxic. Yes, vinegar smells, but once it dries the smell is gone. I add essential oils and olive oil for cleaning and polishing my wood. Saves a TON of money.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yaaaah! I have only done it for 1 month but my pantry is looking just like yours!! Just need an extra freezer and we will be set to store more meat!!! Love the tip on cleaning supplies! Will have to try it.